Things to do Sonoma
Things to do Sonoma
What pairs with great wine? Great activities of course. There's plenty of things to do around Sonoma County. It all starts with the outdoors...from hiking trails, to nature parks, whale watching, the Redwood forests and rivers - there's so much to explore!
You will also find plenty of art galleries, performing arts theaters, live music and shopping throughout Sonoma County.
Looking for something more adventurous? Perhaps a hot air balloon ride over the vineyards? Or a safari on the Serengeti - Sonoma style? Why not do something a bit more unique!
You can't mention Sonoma without food! With farm to table taken to a whole other level...you will find endless culinary options throughout Sonoma wine country. Make sure to look over our 'Sonoma Restaurants' tab.
There is also so much rich history to explore! From Mexican occupation, to the Spanish Missions, to the birth of the "California Republic - it has a story to tell of Sonoma's rich history!
Here are some of the TOP things to do in Sonoma...
* Currently closed due to fire
* 805 acres of majestic redwoods
Bodega Bay, 94923
* 17 mile long ocean park
* Spot for hiking & whale watching
* Historically rich site
* Main residence of Ranch Petaluma
* 25 miles of hiking trails
* Bald Mountain is the 2,729ft summit
* 3,400 ace Russian-era fort compound
* Scenic coastal drive along Rt 1
Glen Ellen, 95442
* Famed author's grave, museum & trails
* Walk, hike, bike, paint and bird watch
* Reservoir with 50 miles of shoreline
* Spot for water recreational activities
Santa Rosa, 95404 - 800.616.2695
* 400 acre private wildlife preserve
* Experience an African safari
Sonoma - 707.819.9223
* Great way to see the vineyards
* Reservations required
Occidental - 888.494.7868
* Tree top zipline tours
* Intermingled within the redwoods
Sana Rosa - 707.526.8949
* Helicopter tours of the region
* Offers pre-designed tours
Bodega Bay - 707.875.2323
* Whale watching and fishing
* Charter the boat for an excursion
Healdsburg - 707.433.5599
* Self guided rafting on the river
* Half or full day tours
Santa Rosa, 95403 - 707.546.3600
* Performing arts center
* Music, dance, theatre and comedy
Healdsburg - 415.505.1210
* World-class contemporary art gallery
* Located just off Healdsburg Plaza
Healdsburg - 707.433.6335
* Intimate theatre productions
* Music, dance, theatre & speakers
Healdsburg - 707.433.6335
* Year-round music venue
* Hosts indoor and outdoor concerts
Santa Rosa - 707.579.4452
* Museum of the Peanuts creator
* Collections, exhibits and more
Sebastapol - 707.579.4452
* Walking art tour on Florence Ave
* Artist creates pieces from a junkyard
With so many things to do in Sonoma, get out and explore! Sonoma County offers bountiful activities, so make sure to check out our list of things to do Sonoma. Cheers.
Would you like to be featured on our 'Explore Sonoma' page? Please message us...firstname.lastname@example.org
Cool Sonoma Wine Country Facts
1. More than 62,000 acres of grapes with 1,800 grape growers
2. Home to 18 different American Viticulture Area's (AVAs) across the county
3. Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Merlot - most planted in order
4. Russian River is named after Russian immigrant settlers dating back to the 19th century
5. There are nearly 14,000 vineyard acres in the Russian River Valley and 90+ wineries
6. The Russian River Valley traces its roots back to 1876; Santa Rose Wine Company
7. Dry Creek is a 43 mile long tributary of the Russian River and is not dry as its name eludes
8. Over 8,000 vineyard acres and 63 wineries call Dry Creek Valley home
9. Dry Creek Valley is about 16 miles long and 2 miles wide
10. Vines of Sonoma is the BEST way to tour Sonoma wine country
Choosing a wine touring company can be overwhelming...from prices to scheduling, how do you decide?
Our sommelier expertise, premium winery destinations (not popular tourist traps), an open-air Jeep vehicle all combine to elevate your Sonoma wine tour experience! Cheers.
Give us a call today so we can discuss your upcoming wine adventure!
We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Sonoma!
A Sonoma wine tour is truly a unique experience meant to be savored and enjoyed. People come from all over the world to experience the amazing wines produced by our local Sonoma wineries.
Whether this is your first Sonoma wine tasting tour or you’re a regular guest, please remember to savor the hospitality and enjoy the entire wine tasting experience.